We all feel like the pressure is on to give the moms in our lives a spectacular day, filled with presents, good food, and thoughtful words. However, I’ve discovered that this list might make that mom in your life even happier.
1. Wine. If we go out together and drink it, or if you put a bow on it, I’m happy.
2. Chocolate. I know this is a gift many moms might receive, but let’s add this stipulation: I don’t have to share it.
3. Mani/Pedi. I’m always looking for a nice way to spend a couple of hours without my kids. Luckily, this way includes sitting in a massage chair.
4. A babysitter. Must come with a “use whenever and however you want” clause.
5. A housekeeping coupon. The next time I don’t want to clean the bathrooms, I’m cashing in.
6. Gift card for my favorite take out. Because that’s easier and more delicious than grocery stores and cooking on my own.
7. An adult coloring book. And a set a fine-tip Sharpies. And a few hours alone. It’s amazing how stress-relieving mandalas and kaleidoscopes can be, especially if coupled with #1 or #2.
And my personal favorite choice:
8. A family fun event… That I don’t have to plan or do the prep for. I love family time and fun outings. But sometimes I run out of ideas of things we can do with the kids, and I burn out on getting everything ready/packed up. If a day of fun was planned out for me, and the kids were already packed? I’d do anything.
What would you rather have this Mothers’ Day than a cheesy, $5 greeting card?