Yes, it’s true! The Hsu Crew is adding another bouncing, baby boy to our ranks. And we couldn’t be more excited! We obviously would have been thrilled with a baby girl (especially to reuse some of the adorable clothes EK has grown out of) but we were ecstatic to hear we’ve got another boy to wrangle! That was a little bit of a perk that came along with the genetics test we had to take – it always tells the gender! So here are my reasons I’m excited for another little boy:
1. I’ll have a second chance on bowties. J’s neck got too big for baby bowties almost immediately, and I feel like I lost the whole “newborns-don’t-care-what-they-wear” phase to a fat neck and thighs so big half his pants wouldn’t fit (that’s still happening). I digress.
2. Boys playing – and fighting – together. I’ve basically heard that boys play together really well, and that girls have a lot of drama, and boys just duke it out and it’s over quickly. I’m kinda looking forward to most of the conflicts being resolved quickly.
3. Planes, trains and automobiles. We love cars and trucks and construction vehicles, Legos and blocks, and tool sets. EK does too, so that’s an extra plus. But it’s nice to know that those toys we’ve started to accumulate are going to get a lot more use. (And, my brother was a big Thomas the Tank Engine fan, so we have access to a TON of trains and tracks. Win.)
4. EK can still be the resident princess. My daughter’s diva status will go unchallenged. Right now, we’re trying to look at this like a plus. We are certainly aware that it could turn into a negative thing. We will cross that bridge if we must.
5. Boys love their mamas. Sometimes this can be detrimental (as in, big time mommy attachment, and huge adjustment for my elder son) but usually it’s just plain sweet how much little boys love their mamas.
Do you have a little boy? More than one? Do you agree with my excitement for having two?! Or have anything to add?
12 thoughts on “5 Reasons I’m Excited About Having Another….”
what has the heart rate been??? I had my first appointment today and the midwife is guessing girl with a heart beat of 187. Not sure how to feel..haha
They tell me the number and I immediately forget it haha. They never tell me whether it implies girl or boy.
Well, I’m excited for your boy!!! I’m really hoping for 2 boys…a girl kinda scares me!
Girls are so fun though! However, I do have a diva. Maybe a second child that’s a girl wouldn’t be so much?
Congrats on your baby boy! I hope EK and Joseph are excited too! Having two boys so close in age will be great. John and I did the same gene test and found out we are having a girl! I am so excited – but genuinely would have been thrilled either way. Shopping for pink frilly things sure will be fun!
So exciting that you’re having a girl! Hooray!!! It is definitely fun to start buying tutus and hair bows. Congrats!
Congrats! I have three boys and I LOVE the crazy that resides in this house hold! Yes they do duke it out and it’s over, but they can also play very nicely with each other. What a blessing. 🙂
Great to hear about sweet brothers! My husband is one of three boys so he’s ecstatic about our little guy having a brother 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Boys are awesome! And YES they love their mamas. … we tried for a girl but are very thankful for our 3 beautiful sons. And for now,
Mama is the princess or should i say “queen”
In the house.
Boys are easy to please and raise, love them, feed them, clothe them (until they are teens, then they pick out their own stuff ) and be a good listening ear.! After 21 years of being in a full blown testosterone filled environment, i’ve learned to love football, and actually understand it. I must say food is important~my boys love
a great home made meal, and if you love to cook– then thats another positive for boys! ( even though the grocery bill gets a bit larger in the teen years!) we love our boys!!!!
Yesterday I knew I’m having my second boy and I was like bingooo. I TOTALLY agree with you. I can’t wait to turn the house upside down with them ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person