I found this link-up party through a blogger friend, and decided it sounded fun! Just summing up my week in a list of feats and fails – so naturally I love it. List-making + bragging + making fun of myself = total win. (By the way, I want you to know that when I typed “win” just now, I typed “wine” first. My fingers know what I’d like to be doing right now.) It’s hosted by Ash at More Than Cheese and Beer, and Jeanine at Jsack Mom Blog. You should join us!
Let’s get those fails out of the way first:
– I’ve been eating a lot of ice cream. At first, this sounds like a good thing. I promise you it isn’t.
– Besides ice cream, my main food groups this week have been tacos and pizza. I need to reign it in big time, or else I’m going to be a whale long before the third trimester.
– Because of the work in the basement coming into our hallway and living room, everything is covered in dust. EVERYTHING.
– I have overslept several times this week, which has been lovely until I’m running late for something… like church or preschool. Neat.
– Daylight savings time has thrown off my life by throwing off the lives of my children. Why do we do this, again?
– Let’s be honest…that first feats and fails graphic is pretty bad. I’ll do a better one next time, ha!
And now for some fantastic feats:
+ Dinner out with both kids tonight went PERFECTLY. It was amazing – everyone ate well, there was no whining or tears, and we took a quick trip to the Dollar Store to get some shamrock necklaces to boost our St. Patty’s spirit tomorrow. FOR THE WIN!
+ Painting upstairs looks amazing!
+ The washer and dryer got hooked up this afternoon! Hellooooooo, laundry in my own home again!
+ My parents arrived for the weekend… bearing oatmeal cookies. Yay!
+ The weather this week was glorious. Kids played outside a lot, I/we got to go on several walks, and there’s been limited heat/air running. I call that a total feat!
+ Tomorrow is going to be one of my favorite days of the year! I LOVE St. Patrick’s Day! (I’d love it more if I could drink all the Guinness, but I’ll take it.)
What were your feats and fails this week?!